Who we are and our contact details
Name: National Sikh Police Association UK
West Midlands Police Headquarters, Lloyd House, Colmore Circus Queensway, Birmingham, B4 6AT
The type of information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
We collect personal information if you volunteer to provide it upon membership of the association and will be processed in accordance with membership purposes or to respond to your correspondence. You have the right to withdraw consent for the association to retain your data. To do so, please email email@example.com and title your email as ‘withdraw personal information.’
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent by providing us with your information.
- We have a vital interest.
- We have a legitimate interest.
- The processing of your personal information is necessary for the official function of the association as a public task.
Where we will store your personal data
Your data will be stored on secure IT systems and access will be limited to those who have a legitimate need to access the data. Your data will be kept as long as you are a member of the NSPAUK and until you notify the NSPAUK to resign your membership.
Why we need this information
This information helps the association to:
- Process and administer your membership.
- Send you membership emails and news.
- Invite you to member-oriented events.
- Respond to your email queries and other requests from you.
- Support you in work related matters.
- Forward member surveys to you.
- Use anonymised data for research purposes.
- Share your data with NSPAUK executive committee members so they can provide you with information about upcoming events, training and to send you member news.
Sharing personal information with third parties?
We share your personal information only in the following circumstances:
- A requirement by law.
- Sharing your personal information as required at an event you will be attending hosted by an external event provider.
- We will need to share your details with external providers if you are taking part in learning and development styled events hosted by them on our behalf.
Other than this, we will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Links to other websites
Please note that this notice may be subject to amendment to reflect changes to systems and processes as they take effect.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk
The cookies we use do not collect information that can identify you and are there to help some of the functionalities on our website work and to provide a better user experience for you. An example of cookies we use is Google Analytics which helps to track our views, shares and most frequently visited pages. Cookies also allow us to share events, programmes and other information we think might be of interest to you.
If you would like to find out more about cookies, visit http://wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org